During international visits to deliver discourses around the world, Swami Chinmayananda inspired and transformed the lives of many living in Europe, drawn to the sheer logic and universal relevance of Vedanta. Many such devotees have studied the scriptures extensively and started grassroots Chinmaya Mission classes and activities in their communities.
Chinmaya Mission France (CMF)Chinmaya Mission France is a unique and distinctive branch of Chinmaya Mission, founded in 1992 by resident Acharya (spiritual teacher), Swamini Umananda in her home city of Paris. As with all Chinmaya Mission worldwide centres, CMF spreads the universal and dynamic message of Vedanta to all who seek it through Vedantic texts translated into French, discourses, seminars, retreats and online teaching in French. In 2004, Chinmaya Mission France acquired a centre in the form of ‘Chinmaya Shakti’. The centre was established as a base for all of CMF’s activities as well as a place where Swami Chinmayananda’s profound literature can continue to be translated and published in the French language. Many spiritual retreats (camps) have been conducted in France by the former Global Head of Chinmaya Mission, Swami Tejomayananda. Gyana Yagnas (spiritual discourses) in Paris have also been conducted by the current Global Head of Chinmaya Mission, Swami Swaroopananda as well as by other Acharyas (teachers) such as Swamini Vimalananda and Swami Chidatmananda.
Translations into FrenchNumerous Chinmaya Mission publications have been translated into the French language to date and are available for online purchase here. These include:
- Bhagavad Geeta with commentary by Swami Chinmayananda
- Meditation and Life by Swami Chinmayananda
- Self Unfoldment by Swami Chinmayananda
- Adi Sankaracharya’s Tattva Bodha with commentary by Swami Chinmayananda
- Adi Sankaracharya’s Sadhana Panchakam with commentary by Swami Chinmayananda
- Sri Ramana Maharsi’s Upadesa Sara with commentary by Swami Tejomayananda
- Dhyanaswarupam (principles and practice of meditation) by Swami Tejomayananda
- Commentary on Kathopanishad by Swami Chinmayananda