Chinmaya Academicians Conclave
Read the message from Pujya Swami Swaroopananda...
Swamins, Brahmacharins, Devotees
Chinmaya Centres Worldwide
“Wisdom is the assimilated knowledge in us, gained from an intelligent estimation and close study of our own direct and indirect experience in the world.”- Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda
In the present IT age, every idea pans out into the national and international media and influences the lives of millions. The pressing need of the hour is to reintroduce Indian Knowledge Traditions and provide credible information to validate our faith, practices and traditions.
1. Founded in 2016, the Chinmaya University is committed to bridge the ancient Indian Knowledge Traditions and contemporary knowledge fields and bring about the meeting of the pundit and public, science and spirituality, and tradition and technology. Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayanandaji envisioned a University to promote the study of Indian Knowledge Traditions and its contemporary applications through the study of Sanskrit, indigenous knowledge and other arts. Already a leader in this niche space, the Chinmaya University has gained recognition for its innovative curriculum and teaching methodology. To build a world-class institution, the University now opens its doors to PhD scholars in India and worldwide for creative inputs and collaboration.
2. Apart from enabling a system of higher Education conducive to the Indian Ethos, the way forward would be:
- to harness the potential of PhD scholars committed to the Indian Culture and the Traditions of Sanatana Dharma
- to arrive at a common understanding on relevant topics
- to create a repository of research-based evidence to support the traditions, practices, and cultural moorings of Sanatana dharma
- to refute misinformation and allegations that debase the practices and traditions of Sanatana Dharma through authentic information sharing to the public at large
This is a call to academicians and research scholars, established in their own distinctive fields, to collectively pool together their knowledge, disseminate it effectively and to proactively research future narratives. Based on these twin objectives, the Chinmaya Academicians Conclave is scheduled from 20-22 February 2019 at Chinmaya Vibhooti, Kolwan, Pune.
Request all Mission centres worldwide to identify PhD scholars in their fields of study, catalogue their publications, if any, and apprise them about the Conclave.
Now is the time to act in accordance with Pujya Gurudev’s lofty vision and ideals, to wholeheartedly accomplish the goals he set, and so brighten our coming tomorrows.
For payment details and any other clarifications, please contact the convenors:
Smt Geeta Menon – +91 98400 86217
Shri Raghav Kannan – +91 73583 00570
At His Feet,