Classes will be held on Fridays at 6:30 pm (UK time) via Zoom. Term dates are as follows:
Autumn Term – 10th September to 10th December, 2021
Spring Term – 07 January to to 07 April 2022
Summer Term – 06 May to 15 July 2022
The chanting consists of prayers, both shlokas and stotrams, from My Prayers and other books. Students will be taught how to chant with good pronunciation and diction, and memorize the shlokas. For details of specific shlokas being taught, please write to email@example.com.
How is this different to the chanting conducted in Bala Vihar classes?
These classes will cover shlokas in addition to what is covered in Bala Vihar and, over time, the pace will be faster than Bala Vihar classes
Do we need to know Sanskrit?
Do I need any extra books or resources?
We will provide soft copies and audio files for all shlokas covered in the class. In addition, you can purchase the My Prayers book
Are these classes open for adults?
The classes are mainly targeted at children and youth. Adults are welcome to attend with your children. We offer chanting classes for adults – visit https://www.chinmayauk.org/classes-general/
What if my child already knows some of the shlokas?
The initial few classes will be common. Over time, we will group children based on their level of practice and proficiency
Chanting has several benefits. A few of these are listed below:
- Develops pure samskaras that help purify the mind and develop love for God
- Helps cultivate the desire to explore the meaning of the scriptures
- Gives us a sense of cultural identity
- Enables us to develop our memorization skills
- Equips us with the ability to sit erect, collect our thoughts and focus our minds
- Provides us exposure to the Sanskrit language