- This event has passed.
Unfilter: An online experience in authenticity, creativity and service for ages 15 to 18
Sunday, February 28 @ 11:00 am - Thursday, March 4 @ 12:30 pm
As teenagers, we’re told what to do and who to be all the time.
Our parents tell us to be good. Social media tells us to appear rich and attractive. At school we’re pushed to tick every box – clever, creative, and sporty. When it comes to friends, we just want to be visible.
Let’s unfilter our perspective on who we are and what we want to be. Through group discussion classes we’ll explore how to cut through the noise and pressure and be our happiest selves.
Exams may have been cancelled, but you can still take charge of your future. Our marketing team will also give you a crash course in social media content creation. Working as part of a team, you’ll use your new skills to create Instagram posts and reels for Chinmaya Mission during dedicated time for charity work. This can count toward your Duke of Edinburgh award voluntary hours, which we can sign off.
We know it’s not been easy to stay connected with friends during lockdown. This is a safe space to relate – we’re all in it together. You’ll also have dedicated time with a mentor in small group sessions.
Sign up for our information sessions to learn more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents: 8.30pm on Thursday 18th February
Teens: 12.30pm on Saturday 20th February
How it works:
- Unfilter: Facilitated learning, reflection and discussion sessions (60 mins)
- Inspire: Marketing content creation training (30 mins)
- Relate: Dedicated time with your mentor in a small group (30 mins)
- Create: Volunteer for Chinmaya Mission by creating social media content (60 mins)
Learnings are rooted in Vedanta: a universal philosophy encapsulated in end portions of the Vedas, a set of Hindu scriptures.
- Healthy social media usage
- Is right and wrong situation-dependent?
- Being resilient when faced with peer pressure
- Is there such a thing as healthy competition?
- Staying balanced while striving for better
- Defining “me” – am I more than my thoughts?
- How do I make better decisions for myself?
- Conquering the habit of comparison
It is mandatory to attend all sessions – please contact us prior to registration if you are unable to.
Sundays from 11am to 12.30pm:
- 28th February: Unfilter + Inspire
- 7th March: Relate + Create
- 14th March: Unfilter + Inspire
- 21st March: Relate + Create
- 28th March: Unfilter + Inspire
- 11th April: Relate + Create
- 18th April: Unfilter + Inspire
- 25th April: Relate + Create
- 2nd May: Unfilter + Inspire