Chinmaya Vanaprastha Sansthan (CVS) promotes graceful ageing through spiritual living for Senior Citizens. Following a concept Chinmaya Mission initiated in India, CVS in the UK exists to supports individuals of mature age to transition from the primary concerns of a householder through weekly classes, talks and workshops. The activities place emphasis on withdrawing from the stress and pressure of a materialistic lifestyle to spend more time in contemplation and service, seeking and finding inner peace.
There is no age restriction but most attendees are aged 55 years and above. CVS Activities are held at Chinmaya Kirti Hendon and online every Wednesday between 10.30am and 12.30pm. The Weekly classes cover a wide range of topics from scriptural texts by Brni. Shripriyaji (currently Hanumana Calisa by Swami Tejomayanda ji), yoga, meditation and occasional talks or general guidance on health and well being of relevance to Senior Citizens. Tailored advice is not given which is better dealt with by a practitioner e.g. GP or financial advisor.
To find out more about CVS activities:
- in the UK please contact email@example.com or Mob 07855891040, or
- in India, please go to: http://www.chinmayamission.com/what-we-do/activities/chinmaya-vanaprastha/
1. You can select the list view or calendar view.
2. Click class name to see details.
3. Filter classes by selecting desired location
Click class name to see details.
Filter classes by selecting desired location